Is there an intention to 'finish' D2?

Dukc ajieskola at gmail.com
Fri Nov 26 10:54:46 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 25 November 2021 at 08:50:19 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:
>> We're talking about attitude towards non-specific,
>> unactionable or nearly unactionable forum ranting.
>
> Huh? Most of the requests are very much "actionable".

Perhaps I used a bad word there. My point was that you're
painting it as if only committed long-time users would give
specific, helpful feedback and everyone else who bothers to give
feedback would just be demanding changing everything at once. A
'la "D's GC is sad story, none will remain using it since C# has
better GC and D can't do that so D should drop GC".

No. Even occasional D users can and often do better than that.
Even an inexperienced user ought to recognize that the language
isn't written just for them and the language maintainers can't
satisfy everyone, but they have better chances to satisfy small,
realistic requests.