[OT] What are D's values?

Arjan arjan at ask.me.to
Mon Oct 11 12:21:06 UTC 2021

On Friday, 8 October 2021 at 16:37:51 UTC, Ali Çehreli wrote:
> On 10/8/21 2:53 AM, Arjan wrote:
>
> >  From my experience:
> >
> > Use case: replacing 2 executables with one written in D in a
> system
> > consisting of multiple executables all written in C++ using
> various
> > libraries and a proprietary bus system originally designed
> and build in
> > 2004.
>
> Are you sure it worked? Because Bjarne thinks "it doesn't
> work". ;)
>
>   https://youtu.be/ae6nFZn3auQ?t=2228

Thanks for the links. Interesting but I do not concur with those
statements of Bjarne.

Multiple times it has been proven already to be FUD. The chances
of success has not so much to do with the languages from to, but
much more on the approach, the availability of verification
devices etc.
Also here in this forum multiple times has been reported great
success with transitioning to D from other languages.

What make D interesting imo is that it is very broad in fit for
purpose. This is were it hugely is distinct from any other
language i'm aware of.