Forum group categories and pinned threads

frame frame86 at live.com
Sat Oct 23 15:19:27 UTC 2021

I'm aware that this forum is linked to a news group/mailing list
but for web appearance and usability, why there are no
(sub)categories for forum groups used for web only?

I think that the learn group would benefit from some pre-defined
categories. When I first came to this community I really wondered
why there are none?

Also, there should be an option to pin a thread for such more or
less common questions that are already answered (like this maybe)
or some topics that "should be really mentioned in the manual". I
usually cancel about page 6 if I couldn't find a likely captioned
topic in the search.

This would also honor all the members that are eager to please
with code examples, detailed instructions and so on.

- Categories are one time thing and can be rolled out and
approved by the maintainers.

- Pinning a thread should be possible by simple voting for it
(like the star feature in github, for example) if the community
thinks that could be very informative to (new) users.

- If someone doesn't use the web forum it should be possible to
vote via a keyworded message from their preferred client software.

- The pinned threads should be visible as small bar in each
forum/category that can be expanded by interest.

- Searching for pinned threads only should be possible.

- The forum software should order pinned threads after creation
time and access count and only load top topics at default with
the possibility to show more

What do you think?