Forum group categories and pinned threads
frame86 at live.com
Sat Oct 23 15:19:27 UTC 2021
I'm aware that this forum is linked to a news group/mailing list
but for web appearance and usability, why there are no
(sub)categories for forum groups used for web only?
I think that the learn group would benefit from some pre-defined
categories. When I first came to this community I really wondered
why there are none?
Also, there should be an option to pin a thread for such more or
less common questions that are already answered (like this maybe)
or some topics that "should be really mentioned in the manual". I
usually cancel about page 6 if I couldn't find a likely captioned
topic in the search.
This would also honor all the members that are eager to please
with code examples, detailed instructions and so on.
- Categories are one time thing and can be rolled out and
approved by the maintainers.
- Pinning a thread should be possible by simple voting for it
(like the star feature in github, for example) if the community
thinks that could be very informative to (new) users.
- If someone doesn't use the web forum it should be possible to
vote via a keyworded message from their preferred client software.
- The pinned threads should be visible as small bar in each
forum/category that can be expanded by interest.
- Searching for pinned threads only should be possible.
- The forum software should order pinned threads after creation
time and access count and only load top topics at default with
the possibility to show more
What do you think?
More information about the Digitalmars-d