Worst ideas/features in programming langu

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 04:12:36 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 26 October 2021 at 01:06:31 UTC, ClapTrap wrote:
> If everything written in Java is extending the language, then
> everything written in English is extending that too. So which
> is growing faster now?

Fair enough, let us say only libraries and frameworks extend the
language.
:-)

>I worked with Delphi for about 10 years, i know plenty about
> it, it was very productive but I wasn't keen on the overly
> wordy syntax. Fast compile times, strings that just worked, and
> an amazing IDE were probably the highlights.

Nobody said that everything should be keywords...

Have you tried to make everything symbols? I have experimented
with unicode syntax in the past few years, and have found that
replacing "if" and "while" leads to less legible code, no matter
how it is done. And I have tried many options. You can do it if
you go fully graphical and leave text editing altogether, but
with not with text editing.

> You seem to have a bit of a thing about people who are trying
> to be cool and fashionable.

Why all the ad hominems? No, I am trying to show you that the
dynamic forces  include more factors than rational engineering,