Thoughts on versioning

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Tue Oct 26 06:05:08 UTC 2021

On Tuesday, 26 October 2021 at 01:19:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu
wrote:

> There are many other aspects to discuss, but I'll keep this
> short so the discussion doesn't meander too much.

The only problem I see when versioning the standard library is
that some packages will rely on specific versions of the standard
library and it could make it difficult to use packages that rely
on different versions of the standard library.

In general I agree it would be a great idea, but we have to be
careful about fragmenting things too much.