Thoughts on versioning

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 11:13:45 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 11:03:35 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
> I think this sort of ties into that discussion about fringe
> languages and polyglot programmers.

Yes, more advanced IDEs have made it possible for me to have fun
with more languages for sure! Less cognitive/memory load. So
advanced IDEs enable more polyglot programming.

Maybe "good programmers" in the future switch between many
languages with little loyalty. I don't know. Anyway, if this
becomes a trend, then it also would makes fringe languages that
are good in particular domains more interesting.

I can't predict, but it is possible.