Thoughts on versioning

SealabJaster sealabjaster at gmail.com
Thu Oct 28 11:06:24 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 28 October 2021 at 11:03:35 UTC, SealabJaster wrote:
> Even C has better autocomplete than D, which, granted, is due
> to its simplicity, but still it's technically easier for
> someone to get into a new C library than it is a D library
> because they have to scour source code/online documentation
> instead of being able to do the comfy thing and stay within
> their text editor/IDE.

To add to this: C and C++ tooling are capable of parsing and
evaluating macros to a decent level, yet D tooling can't even
figure out simple templates, and often can't even figure out
return types when you use an `auto` variable. We have plenty of
room for growth, but I fear this is only a bandaid without a
proper compiler-as-a-library to build with.