Proof of concept for v2 - NO duplication, NO `static if` hell, NO difficulty with interoperability

Andrei Alexandrescu SeeWebsiteForEmail at erdani.org
Sun Oct 31 13:54:24 UTC 2021

On 10/31/21 12:11 AM, monkyyy wrote:
> Is there a new management philosophy? I.e. so there's a reason to think
> the stories of std.expiermental hell airnt going to repeat?

Thanks for asking this, forgot to mention that aspect.

The approach here is incremental release - at an extreme the PR could be
merged right now and v2 become usable albeit with very few amenities - a
few range functions and mismatch(). Whatever we didn't port to v2 yet
will simply be absent, as opposed to working the wrong way.