Proof of concept for v2 - NO duplication, NO `static if` hell, NO difficulty with interoperability

russhy russhy at gmail.com
Sun Oct 31 16:57:20 UTC 2021

Mistake

Multiple version of the same code can't coexist in the same
codebase, it solve NOTHING other than inflating the STD with
versions nobody will care

For V2 i personally envision a complete rewrite with clear goals
in mind

Just adding a v2 for the sake of having v2 will only bring
confusion without real long term goals/benefits, downsides
outweighs the upsides

What's the long term goal? what problem v2 will solve?

Before any of that, i suggest finishing the allocator API story,
then we can move forward in designing a v2 that focus on building
a pragmatic and evolving STD that actually solve real world issues

Then se can have a SET of modules that can help solve real world
issues

std.mem (allocators and stuff)
std.collections (data structures)
std.net (http/sockets/websockets)
std.utils (everything that can be reused for other modules)

Let's focus on tangible scenarios

And what about portable code?

WASM's rocket is about to lift off, will we miss it because we
focused on versioning
``AnotherWayOfDoingThisWithTemplateMixinV2AndV3CompatibleBtw``