Are these bencmarks recent and real?

Patrick Schluter Patrick.Schluter at bbox.fr
Thu Sep 2 11:05:44 UTC 2021

On Wednesday, 1 September 2021 at 23:56:59 UTC, russhy wrote:
> On Wednesday, 1 September 2021 at 23:37:41 UTC, russhy wrote:

>>> same with the `--force` dub argument ?
>>
>> it is, i used ``-f``
>
> On windows the same project takes 1.8 sec to fully rebuild,
> windows likes to make things slow.. i wonder if that's because
> of the linker, i don't know how to check that

File system access is significantly slower on Windows because of
case insensitivity, Unicode and more metadata accesses per file.
This overhead is far from being negligible when accessing a lot
of small files (on NTFS afaicr files < than cluster size are
stored inside the special directory structure requiring special
operation to extract and other such oddities).