Forum issue

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Thu Sep 30 06:19:06 UTC 2021

On Thursday, 30 September 2021 at 03:07:58 UTC, Brazilian wrote:
> Hi, I always visit this forum normally but today (29/09) since
> afternoon I'm not able to access through Chrome, It shows this
> message:
>
>> Your clock is ahead
>
>> A private connection to forum.dlang.org can't be established
>> because your computer's date and time (Thursday, September 30,
>> 2021 at 12:01:07 AM) are incorrect. NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
>
>> To establish a secure connection, your clock needs to be set
>> correctly. This is because the certificates that websites use
>> to identify themselves are only valid for specific periods of
>> time. Since your device's clock is incorrect, Google Chrome
>> cannot verify these certificates.
>
> Well the clock is right from Brazilian Time. I can visit every
> other site except this one. By the way to post this message I'm
> using Firefox.
>
> Thanks.

It's funny that Firefox works, but Chrome doesn't; considering
both browsers implemented said security.

It has to do with SSL, where it seems Chrome doesn't think you
have a secure connection.

The problem does lie with you however and there are a couple of
things you can do to fix it (I'm not entirely sure what exactly.)

The fact other sites work is irrelevant since the issue only
exist after the certificate of a site expires. Chances are the
other sites you've visited hasn't had their certificates expired
recently as most certificates are usually valid for 1-2 years at
least. Unless it's LetsEncrypt, then it's valid for 3 months.