Coding Assistance Tooling, why so many scattered projects?

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Sun Apr 24 00:12:12 UTC 2022

On Sun, Apr 24, 2022 at 12:04:27AM +0000, user via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> I am on the opposite end of the spectrum. I LOVE IDEs and I love all
> the coding assistance I can get. My favorite is code completion after
> typing a dot.
>
> <meme>I aint got time for that</meme> ... to remember all library
> details. I need IDE to help with code completion, function signatures
> etc.

+1, this is one reason why I like D: it doesn't force you to use an IDE,
but it doesn't force you to use a plain text editor either. You get to
choose what best fits your workflow.  Not like some languages that are
nigh-unusable if you don't use the IDE (or vice versa).

What doesn't kill me makes me stranger.