I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

norm norm.rowtree at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 04:54:58 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 23 April 2022 at 20:15:27 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
> So, I have this nice little project, sdc. It builds using make,
> and everything was good. People wanted it to be distributed via
> dub, so be it, let's create a dub.json file.
>
> [...]

At my company we use Conan for D because the majority of code is
C++. Our D projects are Conan packages using Makefiles or CMake,
just like our C++ projects. It is a pity D decided to try and
reinvent package management when there are battle hardened
options already available that are flexible enough to just work
with D.

Conan is NOT perfect but to date it has just worked and is much
easier when integrating D with C/C++ code and mixed build systems.