I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

bauss jj_1337 at live.dk
Mon Apr 25 12:03:13 UTC 2022

On Monday, 25 April 2022 at 11:47:17 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:

> Such things happen, like I had this experience with a widely
> used web server library for Python called "Flask" that imports
> a library called "itsdangerous". The condition Flask used for
> "itsdangerous" was >= some.required.version. So it worked well
> on local testing, but when it was uploaded to the cloud the
> cloud service retrieved a more recent version of "itsdangerous"
> and it failed to run.

Another great example, or even more infamous example would be
this:

https://qz.com/646467/how-one-programmer-broke-the-internet-by-deleting-a-tiny-piece-of-code/

There are a couple more examples like the above, most notably it
has happened to NPM the most.