I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 12:51:18 UTC 2022

On Monday, 25 April 2022 at 12:03:13 UTC, bauss wrote:
> Another great example, or even more infamous example would be
> this:
>
> https://qz.com/646467/how-one-programmer-broke-the-internet-by-deleting-a-tiny-piece-of-code/
>
> There are a couple more examples like the above, most notably
> it has happened to NPM the most.

You also have the issue of checking indirect imports for bad or
malicious code. Which is why I avoid npm for the most part, at
some point it will be used for "cyber warfare" or mischief. It is
only a matter of time as the attack vector is so accessible and
obvious.

(It is very difficult to vet code you build on when it is pulled
in by package managers.)