I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

deadalnix deadalnix at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 11:37:51 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 26 April 2022 at 11:00:26 UTC, JN wrote:
> Yes, it is limiting, and that is it's strength. With boundaries
> comes reliability and consistency.

Don't fart on me and tell me it's Channel.

Here the simple truth. Either the build is
1/ simple in which case `dmd -i` is enough and dub superfluous.
2/ complex in which case dub's "strength" is that it is too
limiting to do it.

You are getting real D users, people who have been using it for
many many years, telling you dub is creating more problem for
them that it solves.

And for the windows build, I'm glad you brought that up. As
pointed out, I have several application in that repo. Some of
them build on windows, other don't. Ever since I added dub, the
ones that used to build on windows still build on windows, and
the one that don't don't build with dub.

A grand total of zero progress has been made thanks to dub's
amazing "strength" on this front. Zero, niltch, nada, niente.