I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 19:41:11 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 26 April 2022 at 19:29:31 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> The solution is not to bring everyone down to your misery
> though. "If I can't have a good experience with what I want,
> nobody should" isn't the right answer.

Of course not, but Dub has the position of being the official
tool for building the eco system. If it wasn't then there would
be no argument, I think.

If Walter is betting heavily on C-interop then that should be
reflected in the official tooling. The goal should be to provide
easy access to all C-packages, also the ones that are more
esoteric. The only way to achieve that is to let (non D)
outsiders do the hard work and then you need to do something
different.