I just created a dub package. Frankly, the whole thign is backward.

rikki cattermole rikki at cattermole.co.nz
Fri Apr 29 17:02:55 UTC 2022

On 30/04/2022 4:50 AM, Tobias Pankrath wrote:
> On Friday, 29 April 2022 at 16:33:57 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:
>>
>> On 30/04/2022 12:52 AM, Tobias Pankrath wrote:
>>> Do you do this for every build or per compiler? `dub describe`
>>> doesn't work that well if you use multiple compilers.
>>
>> How can ``dub describe`` be improved for multiple compilers?
>
> `dub describe` specifically should provide paths to the actual artifacts
> instead of the symlinked locations, which are the same for all
> build configurations.
>
> While integrating it with nix, I have wished for:
>
> 1. Better control over where dub places and searches for stuff, although
> `HOME=. dub ..` works.
>
> 2. A way to just download a projects and all it's dependencies and place
> it somewhere.

$ dub fetch vibelog --cache=local
$ dub build vibelog --cache=local

That'll do it, but you shouldn't need to build to do all the dependencies...

https://github.com/dlang/dub/issues/1930

Okay so:

$ dub describe vibelog --cache=local

Will also do the job.

> 3. That dub describe points to the actual build artifacts instead of
> symlinked locations
> used by differnet locations.

targetPath	string	The destination path of the output binary - this
setting does not support platform suffixes

That needs to support platform suffixes for what you are wanting.
Describe would just follow suit.

On Windows the artifacts are copied not symlinked. So the paths are
correct (even if not desirable).