D tooling is disappointing

Siemargl inqnone at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 06:46:49 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 17 August 2022 at 18:07:25 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Wednesday, 17 August 2022 at 10:45:16 UTC, tastyminerals
> wrote:
>> _This is a longer than average post where I mostly express
>> personal concerns about things that you probably heard 100 of
>> times..._
>
> One problem is that this type of post is too vague. Saying the
> tooling is "disappointing" is the equivalent of saying you
> think the compiler should be improved. What you say might well
> be true, but it's hard to know exactly what you are saying.

For many years I've heard here that IDEs are not a priority issue
and that vim is enough for everyone. And so we are here.

Is anyone of the new generation using Vim for Windows? I don't
think so.

Specifically I would say about the terrible support for visual
debugging on Windows, it really only exists in Visual D (many
thanks for it) which was released relatively recently.

There is a similar, though less acute, problem with profiler.