Movement against float.init being nan

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 17:32:05 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 25 August 2022 at 16:36:41 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> Your anecdote was surely not the elevators or ailerons. It
> might have been the rudder, where the pilots would have more of
> a chance.

I found the story again, here's the wikipedia article on it that
has its references too:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Astana_Flight_1388

"The investigation revealed that the aileron cables were
installed incorrectly."

Only a few years ago too, in 2018!

There's youtube videos too talking about it too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ywaMkMTwWk (this guy generally
goes over the incident report with some nice animations to
explain it too)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIc8Rr-cKd8 (atc recording part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evYLkhxoP3U (part 2)

i know im pretty far off topic but i just enjoy these aviation
things.