Any update on: named paramters DIP and string interpolation?

mw mingwu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 03:46:55 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 27 August 2022 at 02:56:46 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:

> This has nothing to do with the DIP process. No string
> interpolation DIP is in the queue right now.

I remember there used to be, maybe more than one string
interpolation DIPs for years, so they all are got rejected?

Anyways,this is one of the most frequently asked feature in D.
Even Python added into the language, not sure how many PEPs they
have gone through. But I feel D is lagging far behind.

For this particular (relative simple) feature, I think we should
Just-Do-It, that's why I named my package "JDI"util:

https://code.dlang.org/packages/jdiutil

Actually that's the spirit I want promote in the D community:
there have been a number of known D issues unsolved for years,
and people ask for their resolution again and again, so can we
Just-Do-It?