Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Fri Dec 23 20:34:10 UTC 2022

On 12/23/2022 6:24 AM, GrimMaple wrote:
> What is your goal even, do you care about D at all? I'm going to great lengths
> to write software that's pure D, and when the creator of D gives up and starts
> "fixing" other languages, that's a huge off point to many.

Expecting people with large C code bases to translate their C code to D is
never, ever going to work. With ImportC, their C code bases can become "user
friendly" with D code, making using D viable with a considerably larger user base.

After all, look at the success of C++ with its integration with C.