Fixing C's Biggest Mistake

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at qfbox.info
Fri Dec 23 20:37:31 UTC 2022

On Fri, Dec 23, 2022 at 08:13:20PM +0000, matheus via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Friday, 23 December 2022 at 16:51:40 UTC, Don Allen wrote:
> > This episode prompted me to do some reading about the history of
> > this project. Around the time Andrei Andreescu left the project, he
> > wrote a pretty frank message about the state of the D world then and
> > what he thought was needed. This prompted an exchange of messages
> > with others interested in D. My point in bringing this up is that
> > that exchange makes what has happened here feel like deju-vu all
> > over again. Nothing has changed.
> >
> > ... Reading the Andreescu thread demonstrates that I am not the
> > first to make this observation.  ...
>
> Could you please provide the link for that Thread?
[...]

I'd also like to find out what message exactly Don is referring to here,
since as far as I know Andrei never left D, he still pops in here every
now and then with something D related. IIRC he after a period of time in
the trenches he just decided to prioritize his personal life instead.

Question authority. Don't ask why, just do it.