Send me your list of D gripes and wishes

Max Samukha maxsamukha at gmail.com
Sun Dec 25 06:57:25 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 24 December 2022 at 23:22:47 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:

>> The -mv switch was added to deal with this problem, and is
>> mentioned in the comments on the issue.
>>
>> https://dlang.org/dmd-windows.html#switch-mv
>
> That linked documentation is buggy itself. "path/filename" is
> missing in the syntax line. Someone should fix that, or at
> least file an issue. Not me though.

When the specification is lacking, it is not clear what code is
valid. In the case of -mv, the spec says (or rather implies)
package.module=path/filename, but the implementation also allows
package=path, which I find reasonable and rely upon. If the
implementaion gets 'fixed' to conform to the specification, I
will be very unhappy.