Send me your list of D gripes and wishes

areYouSureAboutThat areYouSureAboutThat at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 03:56:51 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 25 December 2022 at 17:16:01 UTC, Paul Backus wrote:
> If multiple contributors with significant track records of
> success are telling you that the frustration of working with
> D's leadership has driven them to stop contributing, how many
> potential contributors would you estimate have given up before
> even getting to that point?
>
> D's lack of manpower is often lamented on this forum. If our
> current approach to leadership and governance is costing us
> manpower, that seems to me like a serious bug in the D project,
> which we ought to prioritize fixing.

Well, to take a higher ecological viewpoint, I would suggest that
'the priority effect' may be at play here.

i.e. the prescence of a species that arrived first, can have an
effect on the species that arrive later.

This can often result in unbalanced, asymmetric, competitive
interactions.

So, to my hypothesis: Competitve priority effects may be occuring
here.