Send me your list of D gripes and wishes

Walter Bright newshound2 at digitalmars.com
Sun Dec 25 07:47:19 UTC 2022

On 12/24/2022 7:10 PM, Jonathan Marler wrote:
> I have alot of memories like this one from when I use to try to fix issues with
> D. I have a passion about my tools being correct, but, I found myself spending
> more time arguing with people than writing code. It was miserable.

I don't like arguing, either. I often spend more time arguing about a PR than
developing it. I understand how frustrating this can be. I suppose it just comes
with the territory when there are a lot of stakeholders doing reviews.

> Now I'm able to spend time doing what I love, writing robust-maintainable
> software with good tooling. When there's an issue with my toolchain, I'm able to
> submit a fix and it gets merged. It's night and day for me. I don't understand
> why there's was always so much disagreement/resistance when I contributed to D,
> I suppose I may never know. No hard feelings though, hope y'all are doing well.

Your track record of successful merges is also very, very good and you should be
proud of your achievements:

https://github.com/dlang/dmd/pulls?page=1&q=is%3Apr+author%3Amarler8997+is%3Aclosed