Send me your list of D gripes and wishes

Richard (Rikki) Andrew Cattermole richard at cattermole.co.nz
Sun Dec 25 18:16:59 UTC 2022

On 26/12/2022 4:54 AM, GrimMaple wrote:
> BetterC is the worst offender here, basically locking your framework to
> itself. Considering you want to make a universal framework. This is why
> phobos is so hindered at this point. You can't add anything to it
> because somebody would complain that it has to support betterC.

That is entirely incorrectly.

Nobody expects things to work in -betterC in Phobos. The only exception
to that rule are things like std.traits which only operate at CTFE and
should have no differing behavior based upon what flags are passed.

We can't add things to Phobos because of leadership. In the last 10
years we have only added allocators and loggers to experimental, and
only one of them was complete enough to come out of experimental. It has
nothing at all to do with some flag why we can't put things in. It has
always been a nightmare.