80 bit floating point emulator

kinke noone at nowhere.com
Sun Feb 6 14:38:21 UTC 2022

On Sunday, 6 February 2022 at 14:22:05 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> D has alias, so you all you need is a feature that allows you
> to query what is compiled to hardware instructions and what is
> compiled to software, then bind it.

I'm not sure we're talking about the same thing. This has nothing
to do with adding software-emulated D floating-point types, but
solving a cross-compilation issue for the compiler itself in case
target `real` != host `real`. User code with such demands should
probably use a well-established library - but that's not probably
not really an acceptable solution for the DMD frontend itself.