Missing python-like chaining in D

Timon Gehr timon.gehr at gmx.ch
Wed Feb 23 00:56:50 UTC 2022

On 22.02.22 16:07, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
> On Tuesday, 22 February 2022 at 13:08:17 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
>> On 2/22/22 10:00, Stanislav Blinov wrote:
>>>
>>> I do know what it means in math (though wouldn't call it "standard")
>>
>> You are more likely than not to find that convention in play in any at
>> least half-serious mathematical publication, but feel free not to call
>> it what it is.
>
> ... Didn't know I needed your permission, ...

You don't. I was simply expressing bewilderment at seemingly
deliberately ineffective communication.

Anyway, it's pretty clear that this won't be in D, though I encourage
anyone who is interested to browse other random math-related Wikipedia
articles and see that the notation is indeed commonly used and
essentially never with any further explanations or references.

E.g., see here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Azuma%27s_inequality#Proof_2

I.e., it is standard. I think calling this into question is not of
particular value.

> I sometimes wonder if it's something in the air or what?..

I hope not. Get well soon.