[OT] - C++ exceptions are becoming more and more problematic

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Feb 25 21:03:21 UTC 2022

On Friday, 25 February 2022 at 08:40:12 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> ... The motivation for providing an alternative to exceptions
> in C++ is that not having an embedded-friendly standard library
> is problematic. It is harmful to their eco system.
> ..

The 'real' motivation is simple -> an increased awareness of the
benefits of Rust within the C++ community.

That is, C++ now has a genuine competitor -> and C++ now needs to
compete, or risk losing market share.

So I expect we'll see a noticable increase in ideas and
innovation coming out of the C++ community, particuly in areas
where Rust does it better.

D should also remain alert to what's going on ;-)