[OT] - C++ exceptions are becoming more and more problematic

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 01:29:58 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 26 February 2022 at 23:00:24 UTC, Ola Fosheim
Grøstad wrote:

> That "critical mass" is the key issue, so what is good for C++
> does not translate to other languages.

c++'s critical mass is more of happy accident, than anything
(i.e. there were no serious contenders for that same market at
the time, or for a very long time since).

Same is true for C.

Same is true for Java.

Then C# came along...

There are plenty eager to see a better c++.

I personally do not think Rust is that alternative. Why? Because
they used computer science alone to create a new language for
'modern times'.

Instead, they should have combined computer science with
psychological science, and they would have come up with a better
syntax that is less cognitively challenging (something C++ is
working hard towards.. well..in part).