Discussion Thread: DIP 1042--ProtoObject--Community Review Round 1

David Gileadi gileadis at NSPMgmail.com
Mon Jan 10 14:38:45 UTC 2022

On Monday, 10 January 2022 at 13:48:14 UTC, Mike Parker wrote:
> ## Discussion Thread
>
> This is the discussion thread for the first round of Community
> Review of DIP 1042, "ProtoObject":

I like the description of the `Hash`, `Ordered` and `Equals`
interfaces with mixin implementations but perhaps the most
interesting interface, `Stringify`, isn't described. I say
"interesting" because of the discussion earlier in the DIP about
a `@nogc` delegate form of `toString` but then the subsequent
silence on that matter and the given definition of `Stringify`
having the single method `string toString();`. What are the plans
for `toString` and `@nogc`?