Full D IDE in the browser - something to pursue?

russhy russhy.rsy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 16:48:52 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 12 January 2022 at 10:02:10 UTC, Dennis wrote:
> On Wednesday, 12 January 2022 at 09:38:28 UTC, WebFreak001
> wrote:
>> well russhy did plenty of improvements to DCD
>
> That's great to hear! Btw, russhy, sorry for the implication
> that you weren't working on it. I'm genuinely curious what the
> barrier is for D users to implement the DCD features they want
> (I haven't looked much at the code myself).
>
>> I think it's mostly nobody reviewing them or having time for
>> it is delaying the contributions quite a bit.
>
> That's unfortunate. I started watching GitHub activity on the
> pinned dlang-community repos, intending to get more involved
> there.

it's ok, i'd have said the same if someone kept getting negative,
but i'm trying to do better

the main issue is the project is way too scattered away

- dsymbol
- libdparse
- dcd
- containers
- allocators

everything has its own git repo, every project reference some
random version from each other

it makes implementing fix/feature that touches many repo at the
same time a pain to manage, and also i guess a pain for reviewers

i suggest the following:

- merge everything as a single entity in a single repo, and get
rid of dependencies we don't need (containers? we have std,
allocators? when will that get out of experimental?)

that'll be a start making the project easier to use and to
understand! contributor friendly!