Integrated code formatter

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Mon Jan 17 23:59:05 UTC 2022

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022 at 11:42:50PM +0000, forkit via Digitalmars-d wrote:
[...]
> 'just file a bug' is certainly the easiest response.. I get it.  ;-)
>
> Also, if existing bugs have been discussed and found to be complex or
> time-consuming, or difficult in one way or another, fine.... I get
> that too.
>
> But to have bugs sit their for 7 years, not discussed, not addressed
> in any way.. then.. from where does one get the motivation to file a
> new bug?

Which bugs in particular do you have in mind?

If it's something that's especially bugging you, periodically
complaining loudly on the forums (and linking to the bug in question,
hint, hint) helps draw attention to it.

> In such situations, it's actually a lot easier, and even makes more
> sense, to just not use that feature ;-)

Given the current scant manpower, it's a bit unrealistic to expect a
timely response, even though nobody will argue that it would be a good
thing.  In this situation, it's even the more important to file issues,
'cos otherwise you can be assured that the bug will unlikely to *ever*
get noticed.

The best compiler is between your ears. -- Michael Abrash