Scientific computing and parallel computing C++23/C++26

IGotD- nise at nise.com
Wed Jan 19 16:25:23 UTC 2022

On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 15:25:31 UTC, Tejas wrote:

> I thought it would matter quite a bit in this context as well,
> since functional programming languages are found to model
> hardware more fluidly(naturally?) than imperative languages
> like C++(yes, it's multi paradigm as well but come on)

I haven't experienced that at all. Functional programming is
nothing like a HDL language (VHDL, Verilog) and those languages
functions completely differently than functional programming.
They are somewhat parallel in nature at least but not like
functional programming.

I've found that imperative languages models a CPU better
(sequence of instructions) than functional programming languages
which seems to have more a high level concept.