Integrated code formatter

H. S. Teoh hsteoh at quickfur.ath.cx
Wed Jan 19 22:15:49 UTC 2022

On Wed, Jan 19, 2022 at 09:33:23PM +0000, forkit via Digitalmars-d wrote:
> On Wednesday, 19 January 2022 at 21:17:40 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
[...]
> > (1) File all the bugs you find.
> > (2) If a bug is being neglected, complain about it on the forums
> > until somebody takes action.
[...]
> If that's what it takes to get a bug actioned, we really do need a
> separate section under Community -> NeglectedBugComplaints

Nah, you don't want to do that.  Once bug complaints are shuffled off to
their own corner, people start ignoring that corner and we wind up back
where we started. :-P

> btw. thanks for your great efforts with this -profile=gc issue, really
> appreciated :-)

Spoiler: I'm just another random D user with a bit of spare time. *You*
can probably contribute to fixing bugs in D too.[*] If everyone would
take action instead of waiting around for somebody else to do it, we'd
probably be in a better place today.

([*] If you have a working knowledge of D, you probably know enough to
be able to fix bugs in druntime or Phobos. Or even implement a new
feature or two.  IME, they are orders of magnitude more readable than
the majority of standard libraries out there (I tried reading glibc
source code once -- never again!).  DMD is a little trickier, depending
on where a problem is, but it's still a more pleasant experience than,
say, firefox source code or something.  Or, God forbid, gcc. That one I
don't even dare touch with a 50-foot pole.)

I think Debian's doing something wrong, `apt-get install pesticide', doesn't seem to remove the bugs on my system! -- Mike Dresser