Building from source on Windows

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 23:32:39 UTC 2022

On Friday, 28 January 2022 at 22:52:57 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:

> I have to be honest, most people here don't build the compiler
> or runtime/phobos, and those that do usually are developing on
> Linux or Mac. So you are likely to get more traction with "I'm
> here, it doesn't work, please help" than wishing for a person
> who has the magic recipe.

I think it's completely logical to ask, if someone already has
the 'magic' recipe, before I go off experimenting myself ;-)

Of course, I don't expect that anyone actually has it.

I do expect to spend a lot of time on this myself. But that is
worthwhile, if what I end up with, is a recipe I can give to
others, that will also result in what the recipe says it makes..
guaranteed.

Again. I do NOT want to start with an existing system with god
knows what on it that would cause god knows what problem with god
knows what part of the process.