Forum Enhancement: Post a image

bachmeier no at spam.net
Tue Jul 19 13:43:30 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 13:16:12 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad
wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 09:00:03 UTC, Ahmet Sait wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 00:42:01 UTC, Hipreme wrote:
>>> I believe that, specially in 2022, it is astonishing to think
>>> that this forum still does not support images.
>>>
>>> [...]
>>
>> I think markdown image syntax works fine, but you might need
>> an external server to upload your image.
>
> It is problematic for moderation and archives, i.e. it can be
> used for getting marketing spam into forums.

The image can be changed at any time in the future if it's
externally hosted. This opens the forum to spreading various
types of porn, coordination of terrorist attacks, and really
anything you can do with externally-hosted images. It wouldn't
even be detected if the actor did it after a couple months.