Forum Enhancement: Post a image

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 19 20:03:37 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 15:24:33 UTC, Ali wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 00:42:01 UTC, Hipreme wrote:
>> I believe that, specially in 2022, it is astonishing to think
>> that this forum still does not support images.
>>

> Many new comers do wonder about this forum software
> and many have asked to move to better options like discourse
>
> To save you time, yes this forum is antiquated
> but the community, just doesn't seem to have an appetite to
> change it
>
> D is a small community, so if you think about it
> this forum, might actually be good enough
>
> Take D and the D community for what it is, dont dream for them
>
> And because it is a small community, they dont have bandwidth
> for things like
> changing the website, the forum, adding a chat room, marketing,
> moving to github etc ...
>
> Things you can actually change are the Language Compiler, the
> libraries and fixing bugs

So, basically what I asked was a "Projects" section which would
create more space to D people advertise D projects and post
images showing their projects. The Discord community already has
something like that, why don't do it with the forums where
eventually any D user will come? D is a small community but it is
far over from being good enough. I'm here because I like what D
proposes, but "Good Enough" feels really as an overstatement
about D's current state.

In my time programming in D, I have seen a plenty of people
saying just how old the forums feel, like, needing a modern
redesign on it. Not to mention how abandoned it feels over all

Another thing, that statement even made this forum feels like its
made from language compiler developers to language compiler
developer. Like, there is an unaccountable people which has
already contributed to the language as a language, but what D is
missing right now is D software.

In the end of the day, if you have users, you'll know more bugs
there is in the language if there isn't just compiler developers
using it.

If you're living on a hut and feels like it is good enough,
you'll never have a mansion. The community which had appetite for
a change already moved out :). As Teoh mentioned, if someone is
bothered with images and projects on forum, they can just
"Unsubscribe" for that section and keep following it from the
mailing list. That's what inclusion is. Not having a choice is
not inclusion