New competitor to D

Ali fakeemail at example.com
Tue Jul 19 22:46:47 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 16:27:25 UTC, Tejas wrote:
> There is a new language that claims to be the successor to C++
> in town, and it's got Google's funding 😥
>
> It's called carbon
>
> https://github.com/carbon-language/carbon-lang
>

> What do you folk think?
>
> If this succeeds, then Google will have the advantage in cross
> platform code (with Dart) as well as high performance
> code(Carbon)

Carbon is nicely discussed on hackernews
https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=32151609

In summary it seems to be a language customized to Google needs,
Google uses C++ extensively and have their own C++ style guide

Rust was too safe for them, so a migration to Rust seem to have
been too much work

This is doesn't seem like competitor to D or even Rust, this is a
custom language for Google

I don't think D should even try to compete or compare with it,
you can't compete with a custom language and you should not