Is everything alright?

GL gleb.tsk at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 05:56:52 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 11:52:53 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
> On Tuesday, 19 July 2022 at 09:18:12 UTC, GL wrote:
>> Good afternoon,
>> is everything okay with the development?
>
> Yes

I wish I could be so sure. This means that most of the packages
in "dlang.org/packages" are useless. "Libasync" mentioned earlier
has over 15,000 lines, what a great job! And it's practically all
rubbish. Only because someone decided that the enforceEx symbol
previously defined in the STANDARD library was not elegant
enough. In the *standard*, *core* library, Carl!
Something is rotten in the state of Denmark...

>> For example, https://code.dlang.org/packages/libasync. Only
>> two years have passed, but this package is no longer being
>> assembled.
>> Is it good?
>
> You should ask the developers of the package. There should be a
> link to the repo at the link you posted.

It is known, many repositories (such as the Linux package
repositories) are known to use a mechanism for automatic
rebuilding in a clean environment and notification, such as
"repocop / hasher".
Is there anything similar here?
How does the author know that there are problems (how many
authors read reports on packages published many years ago)?