Using closure in function scope to make "real" private class members

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 05:40:19 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 4 June 2022 at 05:20:58 UTC, matheus wrote:
> On Saturday, 4 June 2022 at 05:07:10 UTC, forkit wrote:
>> Cause D has plenty of completely useless attributes. I don't
>> think another one is going to make much difference.
>
> I have no opinion on the merit being discussed except this
> part, because I do think that keep adding more attributes will
> hurt D in a long term, in fact this is becoming a pattern in
> this language... there is a problem? -Let's add this attribute
> to solve.
>
> If possible this should be thought in a way to be solved
> without adding new attributes.
>
> Matheus.

I don't agree.

The increased use of attributes is really the best way to
accomodate change, rather than keywords or syntax changes.

D is more of a hobby language to me anyway, so I couldn't care
less what it does. But to the extent it allows me to do things ->
the way I want to do them, then and only then, does it maintain
my interest.