Suggestion re the manual

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Thu Jun 9 22:23:24 UTC 2022

On Thursday, 9 June 2022 at 21:35:49 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer
wrote:
> On 6/9/22 5:28 PM, Paul wrote:
>> Our company (www.ucora.com) created GamePlanPro in D 7 years
>> ago. GPP is a web-based workflow platform used by a majority
>> of our customers. Quotes, work orders, invoices, asset
>> management, scheduling, periodic maintenance, reporting, user
>> created procedures and forms, CRM, and user management. We are
>> fully invested in D and we hope to see it grow in popularity.
>
> This sounds amazing! I've been doing quite a bit of the same (I
> gave a presentation [in
> 2018](https://dconf.org/2018/talks/schveighoffer.html) on my
> efforts to port a php tracking system to vibe-d, it's still
> ongoing).
>
> Did you use an OTS web framework (vibe/hunt) or build your own?
> I'm just curious.
>
> -Steve

I'll out myself as some one who is also associated with Ucora,
I'm one of the original founders. I was the one who discovered D
and eventually adopted it as our choice language. To answer your
question, yes we did consider Vibe, it was a long time ago, and
at that time it wasn't really suitable for embedding into our
applications. We prefer fully embedded as opposed to separate. I
think a lot of work was eventually done to make Vibe more
suitable to integrate into a package, and we should revisit
because we are looking for an alternative. The tool we're still
using (tntnet) is based on C++ and runs as a separate process.
it's not what we want but has worked well enough that no one took
the time to move one to better alternatives. The situation for us
is changing, we really do want an embedded solution.