Suggestion re the manual

Adam D Ruppe destructionator at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 12:00:02 UTC 2022

On Friday, 10 June 2022 at 08:02:16 UTC, Rob T wrote:
> Yeah last I remember Vibe was being re-coded to work like a
> library rather than only as an http server, like I said it was
> a long time ago when I was looking around at Vibe.

Oh, its weird static constructor thing it used to do.

> I'll also take a look at your library as well, this must be it
> https://code.dlang.org/packages/arsd-official%3Ahttp

That's my client, the server is in the cgi.d file,

https://code.dlang.org/packages/arsd-official%3Acgi

It does a LOT but I only documented some of it in there. I
originally wrote it in 2008 to transition some PHP code over to
D, then over the years it got more and more, including a full
http server, websocket support, and some fancy code generator
stuff in addition to the cgi, fastcgi, etc. interfaces. There's
several benefits to following the old cgi architecture though
including being able to scale up and down fairly easily so I
still suggest people follow that style when using the embedded
http server, but of course you can do things differently if you
like just configure for threads or a smaller process pool, etc.
Feel free to email me with questions.

Other modules in the arsd package offer other things I've needed
over the years like database interfaces, a server-side DOM
implementation, and then other things like gui application too
too that isn't web related lol.

> A proxy however does come with a single point of failure issue,
> it would be more ideal for ipv6 enabled clients to by-pass the
> proxy and go directly to each container.

I've never tested ipv6 either. I'm sure not hard to add if
needed, but my isp still doesn't support it anyway so it all
useless to me! lol