Suggestion re the manual

Rob T alanb at ucora.com
Fri Jun 10 21:46:19 UTC 2022

On Friday, 10 June 2022 at 12:00:02 UTC, Adam D Ruppe wrote:
> I've never tested ipv6 either. I'm sure not hard to add if
> needed, but my isp still doesn't support it anyway so it all
> useless to me! lol

As for ipv6, you should try to somehow get it working in your
area if that is possible, it really does change how things are
done, some of the old ways simply don't apply anymore, eg port
forwarding, proxies, and even LAN firewalls do not make as much
sense like they used to. My understanding is that all new
infrastructure being rolled out for 5G networks and high speed
switching do not even support ipv4 at all, although maybe as
packets transported over ipv6, the general trend is to ditch ipv4
completely where ever possible.

BTW Thanks for the responses! It all sounds good and I will try
out your library as well as vibe as soon as I can. I look forward
to finally getting rid of the last of the C/C++ code that we
have, it'll be one of those occasions where we will have a small
celebration over it, no joke :)