Why is D unpopular?

Ola Fosheim Grøstad ola.fosheim.grostad at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 23:53:39 UTC 2022

On Friday, 10 June 2022 at 23:36:48 UTC, H. S. Teoh wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 10, 2022 at 10:44:25PM +0000, forkit via
> Digitalmars-d wrote:
>> On Friday, 10 June 2022 at 20:59:38 UTC, mw wrote:
> [...]
>> > D is supposed to be a better OO language (read:
>> > encapsulation,
>> > separation of concerns), [...]
> [...]
>> Nonsense. D .. a better OO langauge??
>
> This makes me chuckle.  So the OO bandwagon is still alive and
> tooting, after all these years.

Friday... Drunk? What other modelling paradigm than OO would be
suitable? Certainly not ER?

Or maybe you think modelling is a waste of time? Let's just jump
in and write code!

Most open source sofware suffers badly from this attitude. D is
no exception, of course. It is universal: modelling is boring and
hard, coding is fun and easy, let's code!!