Why is D unpopular?

Hipreme msnmancini at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 11 23:27:13 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 11 June 2022 at 20:16:58 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
> On 6/10/2022 1:29 PM, deadalnix wrote:
>> Joel is assuming that the typical refactoring and maintenance
>> is happening to keep the complexity under control. This hasn't
>> happened in DMD at all.
>
> Never mind the refactorings I regularly do to it.

Well maybe someday we'll have some kind of D compilation server
like modern languages has today. Making recompilations a lot
faster and actually modularizing DMD enough to make it work as a
lib, so maybe a lot of people would not have the kind of hard
work they have today.

Some people have attempt to do it but... Now they're simply gone.