What I like most AND what I don't like most - about D

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Sun Jun 12 01:48:43 UTC 2022

So this thread is designed to bring some balance, between being
negative about D, and being positive about D.

To participate, you must (should, since I cannot 'enforce' this)
post two things:

(1) What I like most about D:

(2) What I dislike most about D:

Please keep it simple and short, ideally one item for each would
ideal.

passive-aggressive types.. stay away...go somewhere else please!

if you're eager to respond to someones post, please take a moment
to consider whether that is in the spirit of this thread.

I'll start:

(1) What I like most about D:
     D is a multi-paradigm programming langauge, and enables what
I like most, which is flexibilty towards experimenting with
different approaches during the design phase of a solution to a
problem.

(2) What I dislike most about D:
     There is no option to declare an invariant of a class type
that the compiler will enforce, during compile time, from code
surrounding that class (in the same module) - including unit-test
code. But easily solved with something like 'scope private', if
it were available in the language.