dip1000 and preview in combine to cause extra safety errors

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 02:29:57 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 14 June 2022 at 01:54:03 UTC, rikki cattermole wrote:

> There is no such thing as hardware assisted memory allocation.
>
> Memory allocators were data structures in 1980, and they still
> are today.

if I have a lot of spare memory, I cannot see the advantage of
stack allocation over heap allocation.

i.e:

advantage of stack allocation (over heap allocation):
- no gc pauses
- better memory utilisation

these advantages become less relevant when plenty of spare memory
is available, true? In this situation, the only advantage stack
allocation would have over heap allocation, is that stack
allocation is somehow faster than heap allocation.

But what would be the basis (evidence) for such an assertion?

Do we know this assertion to be true?