Why is D unpopular

forkit forkit at gmail.com
Tue Jun 14 09:32:41 UTC 2022

On Tuesday, 14 June 2022 at 08:35:53 UTC, norm wrote:

> Agreed, I like the improvements in C++20 but it has a long way
> to go to make things readable That said `int func(auto value)
> {}` is pretty easy to read template. D code now with
> attributes, I wouldn't know where to start and TBH would
> probably just ignore them.

It's easy.

Start with:

module myModule;
@safe:

now when things don't work, you just comment out @safe:

now the magic happens ;-)

Coming from C#, that suits me perfectly - it's either unsafe, or
it isn't.

I don't mind what D is doing with the other attributes.

I like attributes. The more the merry'ier... it gives me choice.

I just need to know what those choices actually are, and do they
work.